Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sun Island Spa, Bali


This is my first spa experience outside Malaysia since I started this blog. I was really excited to experience this especially in Bali.

This is my first time in Bali. I stayed at this wonderful private villa called Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa in Seminyak. This villa is right smack in the centre of Seminyak and approximately 10 minutes drive from Kuta Beach. Location is fantastic. A lot of shops and a very busy area indeed.

I got this package from Matta Fair last April and the package includes 1 hour spa at the villa. When we checked in, the villa wasnt exactly ready so the kind General Manager of the villa Mr. Ismullah offered us an additional hour at the spa. At first I was only planning to get an hour massage but since we got another free hour, let's just make full use of that!

The Villa is nice with modern contemporary Balinese architecture. I had a very very warm greeting from the lady at the front desk.

The treatment room was ok. Nothing super fantastic, very basic, plain, modern and simple.

I opted for an hour massage and was given a free hour of facial.

Massage was alright, nothing too special. Pressure was a bit too soft for me. The therapist did ask me if the pressure was ok and it is my fault for not pointing out to her but since the whole thing was free (part of the package of this holiday), I didnt expect it to be good. Kind of like what I experienced in Cameron Highlands' Resort. Since it's free, dont expect too much kind of thing.

Next was the facial. I've never gone for facial at a spa before. It's because I am so used to Dermalogica facial that to me, other facials are just not as good.
Well, it's true.

Facial was ok, nothing great. I would say it was all average.
The mask was horrible tho. She left it a bit too long and I was getting a bit too bored and plus, I knew I would get breakouts after that. True enough!


So basically, my first spa experience in Bali is only average. It was a good experience tho and plus, it was free so I cant complain too much.
It was all ok..except for the mask in the end which was so totally bad for my skin.

Since the 1 hour massage was free and since the additional hour (facial) was also free, then I guess it wasnt too bad. I'm not sure if I'd pay to have anything done there but knowing me, I might.

Still it was very nice of the GM to offer us that free facial. At least I got a good face scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment