Sunday, June 22, 2008

BodyWorks Spa, Bali



The GM of Sun Island recommended for me to try this spa out. In fact, he gave me 2 options but somehow or rather, they (the villa) booked this one instead of the other one. I think the other one was fully booked or something like that.

I arrived on time for my appointment at 10am. I decided to go for 2 hours massage and that package includes scrub and bath, which means, the actual massage was only about an hour or so.

I was told to wait a moment, while they prepare the room and all that. The spa is huge. It's like a whole villa. Kind of have that roman feel to it.

When I got to the room, I was shocked to see the size. It's huge. Very old-ish feel and it reminds me of Roman Bath. It's different than any other spas I've been to, that's for sure.

Treatment started with the massage. Massage was good and better than the one I had at the Sun Island Spa. It was above average. The massage went on for about an hour or so followed by the scrub. Hmm.....Scrub was ok too but not that thorough.
I still feel that Khareyana's Scrub is the best so far. This one was ok...but they didnt really scrub me that well.

After the scrub, the therapist gave me a shower. After the shower, she covered me with yogurt and left it for about 5 minutes. It felt really weird. Never had yogurt on me before. I think it is supposed to be good for the skin. Apparently the yogurt's enzymes can stimulate cell activity and restore the PH balance of the skin and it's suppose to make your skin feel soft. Hmm.....I guess its true.

Finally it's the flower bath. That was quite nice. The bath was HUGE. I spent about 10 minutes in there and then got changed and treatment was over.

Overall it was good. Above average but I'm sure there are better spas in Bali. In terms of the place itself, it was different but I was hoping to try a traditional Balinese spa. You know, with the nice Balinese architecture and all that. But this one is different so it is a rather pleasant experience.


I really cant wait to go back to Bali to try other spas.

No comments:

Post a Comment