Monday, April 28, 2008

Ozmosis Spa

I’ve been wanting to check this place out for ages but somehow never got the chance. I walked in to make an appointment. I was quite impressed. The place is bigger and nicer than I thought. The staff at the reception was also very nice and helpful.

My appointment was at 10am but I arrived 20 minutes late. I called at 9.30am to ask if it was ok for me to reschedule the appointment to 11am instead but the girl said no because they already have another appointment booked at that time. I informed them that in that case, I will be late and she said ok.

When I got there, I was told to choose my massage oil and scrub. They gave me the options and it was all in front of me on the table but the therapist did not explain to me the difference or benefits of each. I didn’t know how to choose. Ya the look and smell different but other than that, how do I choose. I had to ask and then she explained a little bit. I was not very impressed.

Then I was taken to the treatment room. The room was nice but very small. I was expecting to hear really nice relaxing and soothing spa songs but instead, I could only hear the sound of the aircond.

First was the body scrub. I decided to go for the Romanic Rose Floral Scrub. I still don’t know what it’s good for but it just smells nice and sweet. Scrub was ok. Quite good I think. Next is the Aromatherapy Steam. I was sat in the steam room for about 15 minutes. The room is very small but good enough. Then, I got a 90 minutes body massage.

The massage was alright. Nothing to shout about. It was good but not fantastic.
I felt that the pressure wasn’t strong enough and also at times, I wondered if she knew what she was doing.

Once I got dressed, I was told to wait at the other room outside. They served the best ginger tea. I loved that. It was nice and sweet and perfect. I love it so much. I wanted to ask for more but was too malu!

Overall, this spa meets my expectation. The interior and décor was nice. It is a little bit small but I quite like it. They use good products there including Dermalogica products so that’s good. The staff were friendly but it would have been better if they could educate us more about their products and services.

The package I took is called Ozmosis Escapade which is RM310 and it includes Scrub, Steam and 45 minutes massage. 45 minutes massage is not enough so I had to top up another RM140 for another 45 minutes so the total bill was RM450 for about 2.5 hours. I think that’s quite pricey.

Will I go back?

Hmm… yea I might come back to try other stuff and to have the ginger tea. Yum Yum.
Parking is a problem around Telawi area so the best bet is to park inside Bangsar Village II and walk across. After the spa, you can enjoy the food at La Bodega. That’s what I did!

You can give it a go

Ozmosis Health & Day Spa
Level 1, No. 14 – 16, Jalan Telawi Dua, Bangsar
Tel: 03-22860380

No comments:

Post a Comment