Thursday, October 29, 2009

Health Land, Bangkok


Someone recommended for me to check out this place so I decided to give it a go. As soon as I arrived, I was impressed because A: The carpark outsite the building is packed and full. B: Because the place is pretty huge and C: Because the building looks very nice, reminded me of Carcosa. I knew this was going to be an experience to remember.

As soon as I walked in, I saw so many locals (guests) waiting and sitting at the reception. I didnt know whether they were waiting for their turn or what but all the seats were taken. I walked to the reception and was greeted by this lady, who wore business like outfit in black. She was not friendly at all.

I didnt know what they had there and when I asked the lady, she just pointed to the counter with the spa menu on it. She didnt bother to explain what each were or what..unlike the other spas I've been to where they normally explain what is good and what is not bla bla bla. I was quite pissed off but then I looked at the menu anyway and decided to go for the Aromatherapy Body Massage & Thai Herbal Compress for 2 hours at approximately RM150. The price is ok if you compare it with the price we pay in KL for a massage but for Bangkok standard, I think the price is a bit on the high side.


The place is pretty huge and quite nice overall. The massage was really good actually. The pressure and technique was just nice. I also enjoyed the Thai Herbal Compress which was my first time experience. I really did feel good after the whole 2 hours. I'm glad I found this place. I definitely will come back despite my not so great experience at the reception. Maybe she was just busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment