Monday, February 23, 2009

Taman Sari Spa, Jakarta

I was in Jakarta again last weekend and because my schedule is not that tight this time around, I decided to spend some time at the spa. I think with the stress of being in Jakarta, the traffic, the delayed flight, I deserve some pampering.
The problem was, I didnt do any research before coming to Jakarta so I had no clue which spa to go to.

Taman Sari Spa was recommended by the hotel staff at the Ascott where I was staying. (Although they have their own spa at the Ascott!)I figured, this must be worth trying.

The Spa was situated not too far from our hotel.

The place was huge. I was really impressed when I walked in. It looked like a typical traditional Indonesian spa and it's huge and grand. We were greeted by this lady at the front and asked us what kind of treatment we wanted to go for.

I decided to go all out since I had nothing planned for the day. Yeayyy!!!

1. Body Massage
2. Body Scrub
3. Body Wrap
4. Milk Bath
5. Facial
6. Manicure
7. Pedicure

I spent approximately 7 hours there in total.

The room was quite nice. Had a Balinese feel to it. But somehow they didnt switch on the aircon so it was quite warm in there at one point. Even after telling them to switch it on, the room was still warm.

My therapist looked super young. She must have just graduated from their beauty school or something. She was quite good I guess..but very very slow.
She did everything slow motion. It got quite frustrating at times..

Overall it was a good experience. I shared the same room with my mum and it was a good bonding session for us too. It was quite funny especially when we were in the bath tub together. I was quite shy at first but my mum reminded me that she use to wipe my ass when I was little! hehehe...ok!

It was quite nice this spa. I will come back for sure. Especially since it's quite good and very cheap compared to the spas in KL. I always have this thing for traditional spa... I want one of my own..

The whole package cost me about RM300. Not bad at all....

Unfortunately, I dont have their contact details...but you can check out their website if you are in Jakarta.

Taman Sari Spa, Jakarta

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Let me introduce myself. My name is Faridah and we are the creator of Tanamera spa. At this moment we have 4 locations in Malaysia. Three in KL/selangor and 1 in terengganu. Looking for somebody to be our mystery guest to review the spa services at these places. If interested, please contact faridah at fafvis@tanamera.com.my. Thanks

    ReplyDelete