Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Anantara Spa - Maldives


I went to Maldives a couple of weeks back for a second honeymoon :)


And of course it wouldnt be right if I didnt check out the spa there. It will be insane not to try it out.


On my first day, I decided to try the massage. I asked for strong pressure because I was almost sure that it cant be THAT strong and I almost died during the massage cuz it was so painful. OMG.


Anyways, I was first told to come earlier to enjoy the spa facilities but I went late because I was busy enjoying the food so I went straight to the changing room and then to the treatment room.


The treatment room is the most beautiful room EVER! It is on water and overlooking the beautiful white sea. The view was breathtaking, truly.
First was the foot bath and scrub and then the massage. The therapist is from Thailand. In fact, all the therapist are from there. They speak very little English.
As I lay down on the massage bed, I could see some beautiful coloured fishes swimming underneath. It was amazing and calming as well to see them swim so happily despite the really really strong massage. I really wanted to die.
At one point, I even told her to reduce the pressure and she completely ignored me. I think she heard me cuz she asked if I was ok.
God!
But surprisingly, after the massage, my body didnt ache at all. Didnt feel any pain after that so I guess it's a good massage.
After the massage, I spent some time in the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. It was very nice.
I just love the view.
On my last day there, I went again for another massage. This time, I asked for something not so 'brutal' and it was also just as bad. I dont mean that it's bad, it's just really painful.
I somehow enjoyed both the massage but it was just really too painful.
I wish I spent more time at the spa trying out other treatment but I didnt have time.
I loved the experience there. Everything was expensive though because everything is in U.S dollars. My massage was USD200 for one half hours. That's like almost RM600!
I still love it tho...

1 comment: